LinkedIn is a popular networking site across the world. The company earns a revenue of almost US$ 6.8 billion, and has 20,500 employees. It has a strong customer base in more than 200 countries.
The Mission of LinkedIn is connecting the professionals across the world to make them more productive and successful.
The Vision of LinkedIn is creating economic opportunities for every member of the global workforce.
- Being open
- Taking wise risks
- Relationships hold value
- Being honest and constructive
- Acting like the owner
- Members first
- Demanding excellence
The Road To Success:
- The company’s main founder Reid Hoffman got the idea in 1993 while studying in University
- LinkedIn was officially launched in 2003, in California, United States
- Its other founders are, Allen Blue, Jean-Luc Vaillant, Eric Ly, Konstantin Guericke
- The first business lines jobs and description was introduced in 2005
- Dan Nye became its CEO in 2007
- Jeff Weiner took over as the next CEO in 2009
- LinkedIn launched a new feature, ”Apply with LinkedIn” in the year 2011
- LinkedIn launched Sponsored updates, in July 2013
- It dropped the LinkedIn Answers feature in January 2013
- LinkedIn added the feature LinkedIn retired InMaps on September 2014
- LinkedIn was launched in China in the year 2014, with the Chinese language
- LinkedIn became one of the popular 10 websites in 2016
- In June 2016, Microsoft announced of acquiring LinkedIn at $26.2 billion
- LinkedIn reached out to more than 575 million users in 2018
- It now has 48 million members in China, 62 million in India
- LinkedIn launched Student Voices in 2018
- Ryan Roslansky, took over as the new CEO of Linkedin in June 2020
Where LinkedIn Stands Today?:
- LinkedIn is playing a crucial role in the ongoing employment crisis arising due to pandemic. US has been hit hard by COVID-19, with the unemployment rate of a 70 year high in three months.
- LinkedIn is making it easier to find suitable jobs for these people and also aims to expose the digital skillsets to around 25 million people across the world. As one of the best mediums to connect the right talent with the organization, businesses are also using this platform to hire the right talent who would be highly productive for their process. Non-profit organizations, small businesses are equally benefitting from this professional platform.