Dell, a US multinational company, involved in selling, supporting, and repairing computer and related products, is one of the biggest technological corporations across the world. It employs more than 145,000 people in USA and the world.
Dell’s Slogan & Vision
Dell’s slogan “purely you” means they value their customer
Dell’s vision statement, “Dell is committed to being a good neighbor in the communities we call home. We must continue to grow responsibly- protecting our natural resources and practicing sustainability in all its forms- and improve the communities where we live and work through our financial and volunteer efforts.”
- 1984 – Dell can trace its origin back to 1984, when Michael Dell established Dell Computer Corporation
- 1985 – The company produced its first computer with its own design- “Turbo PC”
- 1987 – Dell started its first operations in Ireland
- 1989 – Dell released its first notebook computer 316LT
- 1990 – Dell had nearly 1200 employees in its headquarters
- 1992 – Fortune Magazine included the Dell Computer Corporation in the list of 500 largest companies of the world
- 1994 – Dell was the first company in offering long-lasting lithium-ion batteries
- 1995 – Dell started its worldwide operations in Europe, Americas, Asia with big ideas
- 1996 – Dell started selling its computers through the web sites
- 2001 – Dell became the No.1 provider of computer systems worldwide
- 2002 – The company expanded its product line and now included digital audio players, televisions, printers.
- 2003 – The company was rebranded as “Dell Inc” for recognizing the company’s expansion just beyond computers
- 2007 – The company issued quarterly earnings showing sales of $14.4 billion
- 2008 – Dell switched the power resources of the headquarters to an environment-friendly one
- 2015 – Customer satisfaction rates reached a record high
- 2016 – Dell’s merger with EMC Corp was completed
- Customer First-Attitude: Huawei’s employees have a customer-first attitude where they give priority to their customers over their boss.
- Decision Making – Slow & Steady: Ren Zhengfei is known to analyze in detail before going ahead in any decision. The company gives importance to the power of thinking, a valuable policy for the company’s philosophy.
- Long-term Thinking: The long-term thinking of the management with the policy employee ownership arrangement helps in retaining the Huawei’s dedicated employees
Where Dell Stands Today?
- The company witnessed a net income of $4.5 billion with PC unit sales in Aug 2019.
- The commercial revenue also witnessed a sharp growth of 12% year-on-year
- Dell’s net revenue in Aug 2019 rose 1% to almost $23.45 billion.