If you want your emails to be delivered to the right inbox, having a clean list is must. For getting successful results from your email marketing strategy, maintaining a list of fresh and updated contacts that blends well with your campaigns is indeed crucial.
Facts To Be Known
- Bounce rate of 3-5 percent is an alert that your email list needs to be cleaned.
- As more than 20 percent of email registrations contain typos, syntax and other errors, sending emails to an old list with high bouncing rate can set off an ISP’s spam alert.
- Remember to re-engage your invalid email customers before removing them from the list to win back their interest in your brand.
- Frequent cleaning needs to be done to maintain the quality and responsiveness of the list.
- On an average, email marketers have seen 94% ROI from targeted emails when delivered to the right inbox.
What To Remove From The List?
- Disengaged email subscribers
- Inactive old contacts
- Both hard and soft bounces
- Duplicate and invalid email addresses
- Contacts who chose not to opt-in for receiving emails
How To Maintain List Hygiene?
- Welcoming new subscribers with a meticulously crafted email
- Segment the list
- Allow subscribers to edit their own email setting
- Easy to fill unsubscribe forms
- Keep sending re-engagement email campaigns