Ren Zhengfei’s famous slogan “we shall drink to our heart’s content to celebrate our success, but if we should fail let’s fight to our utmost until we all die” was a motivation for its employees in contributing their best for the company’s growth story.
Huawei’s Mission, Vision & Objective
- Providing the best ICT solutions and creating maximum value for the customers
- To enrich life via communication
- To become the top ICT vendor across the world
- The company was founded in 1987 by Ren Zhengfei
- The mission of the company was to provide consulting and operation services to the enterprises in China
- It started off as a sales agent and produced private branch exchange switches
- The company got into R&D within a few years
- R&D of the company is spread in UK, Canada, Sweden, Ireland, Russia, and others
- Breakthrough was in 1993 when it launched C&C08 program controlled by the telephone switch
- In 1994 it gained the contract for building the national telecommunications network
- In 1999 opened an R&D center in Bangalore, India for developing the telecom software
- By the year 2010, almost 80% of the premium telecom companies worked with Huawei
Huawei’s Path To Be A Billionaire
- Minimizing Management Cost: Managed to cut down the costs as both employees and managers worked from a small office which served as a dormitory as well as kitchen
- Ensuring High-Quality Output: Huawei ensured that the output is of high-quality which the other Chinese companies completely ignored
- Worldwide Market Expansion: From the year 1996-2000, Huawei spent around US$150 million on the transition.
- Employee Dedication: Every employee in Huawei is given freedom for the development of the company motivating them to become more competitive
- Customer First-Attitude: Huawei’s employees have a customer-first attitude where they give priority to their customers over their boss.
- Decision Making – Slow & Steady: Ren Zhengfei is known to analyze in detail before going ahead in any decision. The company gives importance to the power of thinking, a valuable policy for the company’s philosophy.
- Long-term Thinking: The long-term thinking of the management with the policy employee ownership arrangement helps in retaining the Huawei’s dedicated employees
- Awarded with “European Consumer Smartphone 2015-2016” by the EISA
- It’s the first Chinese company to be ranked in Interbrand’s top 100 best global brands in 2015
- It was positioned 16th in the “Global Top 100 most valuable brands” by BrandZ in 2015
Huawei Focusses On Sustainability Through
1. Digital Inclusion
- It wants technology to be accessible for all
- Customized ICT applications for a thriving ecosystem
- Wider and easier connectivity for all
- Privacy protection
- Supporting network stability
3. Harmonious Ecosystem
- Care for the employees
- Risk management
- Community responsibilities
- Supply chain responsibilities
- Business ethics
4. Environmental Protection
- Green operations
- Green product
- Green world
- Green partners
Where Huawei Stands Today?
- Huawei’s worldwide revenues were $105.1 billion in 2018, and in Q1 2019 revenues were at US$26.76 billion.
- Huawei’s mobile vendor market share in Europe in July 2019 was 17.75%
- Huawei as the second-largest phone maker, had a net profit margin of 8.7% on 401.3 billion Yuan of revenue, which is $58.3 billion, for the first six months in 2019.
- The next product of Huawei- It will release a cheap phone powered by its Hongmeng OS by the end of 2019.