Collaboration software helps to share, manage, and process the documents, and other types of data among the several users of a system. The software allows remote users for jointly working on a project. It is designed for enhancing productivity within the organization and within a specific group of individuals.
The latest collaboration trends are:
- People-centric collaboration: Vendors and software developers have realized that the software should benefit the users, who actually use them, not the organizations that buy from them. This is the main reason that the latest software being released into the market has become user-centric or people-centric.
- Collaboration bots: These are used to automate the chat software and automate the messaging. In the future, there are higher chances that it will find its way into the project workflows, and automation of the tasks. This will make the collaboration a less time consuming and easier process.
- Real-time collaboration: For long, there has been a need for a robust communication and collaboration tool for the workforce that is globally dispersed. This software, which has evolved to a great extent, includes powerful workflow management, mobile capability, and capacity for sharing the bigger files.
- Handling of the big data: With the coming of the big data, there came the need for more efficiency and speed. The collaboration software stores a large amount of data, but it also needs to increase the storage space, as every day, the company’s data accumulates at a faster pace.
Collaboration tools like the Cisco Spark and Hive help to broaden the communication opportunities:
- Helps in video and voice calls
- Provides seamless navigation through the files and documents
- Organize the important discussions into the channels
- Integrates with the various apps
The essential features which the collaboration software should have:
- Audio and video components
- Supported by multiple monitors
- Annotation tools
- Screen sharing
- One-click recording of the meeting
The different types of collaboration software are:
- Task management software
- Communication software
- Content management and document software
Popular Collaboration Software in Market:
- Asana: It is one of the effective project management models for collaboration and team communication. It creates the task and systematically follows the progress on different devices and browsers. Some of the advanced features of this software are change management, prioritizing the completion, task relating, and searching the public tasks.
- Clarizen: A useful enterprise-grade solution that combines social collaboration and project management for boosting team performance. It helps to prioritize the projects, budgets, portfolios, and resources for making the information to be appropriately managed.
- ProofHub: It is a cloud-based project management solution. Its scalable features match the requirements of any organization, which is from the large enterprises to startups.
- Beenote: It is the wellness management software designed to make the meetings interesting, and the participants more effective and productive.
The various benefits of collaboration software are:
- Enhanced project management
- A better and streamlined workflow
- Improved employee satisfaction
- Improved communication
Some of the other choices for the collaboration software are: