In today’s world, the workplace is evolving at a rapid rate. The culture of the open office, remote work, team activities, etc. are all geared to achieve one goal that is improving employee productivity, further leading to the overall success of the organization. One of the proven methods for increasing the productivity of employees is through the adoption of the cloud in the company’s process. Cloud offers one of the best ways to keep the business organized, and improve the productivity of the organization as a whole.
The different ways in which it could improve productivity are:
- Reducing the downtime due to IT issues: Cloud providers have efficient and dedicated teams for ensuring that the services and applications are on track and running efficiently. They also help to minimize the downtime due to the IT issues, which could have a negative impact on the performance of the employee. When the employees get the required facilities to perform, then automatically, it helps in a better outcome.
- Facilitating collaboration: Employees could have access to the information stored in the cloud from anywhere and anytime across the world. It also helps to collaborate with other colleagues in real-time. These collaboration technologies could help companies to increase productivity to a great extent.
- Accelerating the workflows: Time is critical in business, and when an employee takes long hours for completing simple tasks, it could hamper the outcome of the process. Cloud accelerate the workflow and leads the organization on the right path for achieving their business results.
- Maintaining a competitive edge: 74% of the surveyed respondents reported that cloud had given them a competitive advantage due to the speed and ease at which it could capitalize on the opportunities. An advantage over the competitors, is what most of the organizations want.
- Flexibility and remote work: Once you decide to adopt the cloud solutions, it would provide different departments required flexibility and make the latest data and forecasts more accurate.
It also helps the employees to have remote access to the work.
Some of the big enterprises like Best Buy and British Telecom had experienced a good increase in productivity when they allowed their workers to work remotely.
- Work satisfaction: Working remotely has made a huge difference in the employee satisfaction rate. Almost 36% of the respondents stated that they would prefer working remotely than a pay rise. Distractions in the workplace is one of the significant factors that the employees prefer to work remotely, which is being fulfilled with the help of cloud.
- Open business process: Cloud enables business partners, customers, suppliers, and various other stakeholders to connect and execute different business functions seamlessly. This makes the organization to run smoothly.
- Saving the IT cost: One of the significant benefits of cloud computing is saving the company’s IT cost. As companies look to cut down the costs, cloud computing is a boon for these organizations.
- Automation: Cloud helps in automation; it not only helps to increase the processing by eliminating repetitive tasks, but also helps the employees to focus on the real work, which could not be automated.
- Handling huge data: Cloud helps to manage huge data efficiently. Now the employees could analyze, sort, organize, structure, and design the data within few minutes. Analytics, statistics, and data could be easily shared and accessed within the organization.
- Faster deployment: Cloud computing helps in faster deployment. Although the time taken depends on the type of technologies being used by the organizations, cloud has a significant role to play in the rapid deployment of the security updates. With the right cloud solution, one could help their business maintain a competitive advantage without worrying about managing the expensive in-house infrastructure, which slows down the responsiveness of the company.
- Scalability: The business could scale down or scale up the operation as per the requirement of the organization. The benefits of the scalable architecture are its performance, and the ability to handle traffic overload or the sudden burst before any notice.
- Improving the computing performance: The cloud computing workloads take place in the off-site data center, such as those belonging to Amazon or Google. Most of the major vendors have an unlimited range of computing resources that can be accessed on demand. This improves the productivity of the organization.
Cloud-based services do not go offline, which makes the functioning easier and convenient for the employees and organization. The productivity improves with the right communication and collaboration among the employees via the cloud.